- Four-stage adjustable gripping force via IO-Link for easy adjustment to sensitive workpieces
- 8 different workpieces can be gripped
- Two adjustable gripping modes: FastGrip and SoftGrip
- Precision gripping with constant force over the entire permissible finger length
- Very high maximum cycles per minute for highest productivity
- Compact dimensions and optimal fixing grid for minimized interfering contours in the application, suitable for the Afag construction kit
- Food-compliant lubrication. Ideal for applications in the MedTech, laboratory automation, pharmaceutical and food industries
In recent years, Afag‘s research and development department has developed additional knowledge and set up an embedded technologies team. In this case, embedded technology means that a data processor embedded into the application assumes the function of a controller.
This technology is known as field programmable gate array (FPGA). It is based on a programmable logic block into which a logic circuit can be loaded. This allows high-precision grippingmovements to be controlled. Thanks to the IO link, the simple wiring makes the integration into the user‘s system easier and saves space in the control cabinet.
This forward-looking investment is now paying: As the industry‘s impulse provider, Afag is redefining the world of automation with its SGE-40-P-IOL smart electrical gripper and the second member of a new generation of Afag modules that will blaze a trail for many others to follow.