Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct defines the principles, relating to goods and services, that are important with regard to their responsibility for people and the environment. We hereby declare that:
Compliance with law
- The laws of the respectively applicable legal system(s) must be complied with.
Prohibition of corruption and bribery
- No type of corruption or bribery will be tolerated and that we will not engage in that type of activity in any way, including any illegal offers of payments or similar gifts to government officials in order to influence their decision-making.
Respecting the basic rights of employees
- We will promote equal opportunities and equal treatment of employees regardless of the colour of their skin, their race, nationality, social background, any potential disability, their sexual orientation, political orientation or religious beliefs as well as their gender or age;
- we will respect the personal dignity, privacy and personal rights of each individual;
- Nobody will be employed against their will or forced to work;
- We will not tolerate the unacceptable treatment of workers, including psychic hardships, sexual or personal harassment or discrimination;
- We will not tolerate behaviour (including gestures, language and physical contact) that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative;
- We will ensure appropriate remuneration and to provide the legally mandated national minimum wage;
- We will comply with the maximum work time defined by law in each respective country;
- Wherever allowed, we will recognise the freedom of association of our employees and we will neither provide preferential treatment to members of workers' organisations or unions nor discriminate against them.
Prohibition of child labour
- We will not hire anybody who cannot provide proof that they are at least 15 years old.
Health and safety of employees
- We are responsible for the health and safety of our employees;
- We will reduce risks and ensure that we have done our utmost to prevent accidents and workplace illnesses.
- We will offer training and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable with regard to occupational safety;
- To apply an occupational safety management system (MSA) according to ISO 9001.
- We will take into account environmental protection with regard to legal norms and international standards;
- We will minimise the environmental impact and to continuously improve environmental protection.
- We will promote the contents of our Code of Conduct among our suppliers as much as possible;
- We will comply with the principles of non-discrimination when selecting our suppliers and in our interactions with them.